WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
flipy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
flipy wrote:
Can someone verify if:
- Connecting to an external PPTP servers works? Packets get stuck at the dd-wrt router and are not forwarded to the client machine
- Enabling logging on SPI works?

Cleared NVRAM and, even if some minor issues I've noticed were solved, this is still an issue.

Thanks

Just in case someone has a similar problem:
- you need to enable klogd (kernel logger) in order to see iptables logs (Services > System Log)
- you need to enable the conntrack helper to successfully do NAT for the GRE protocol (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper)
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
flipy wrote:
flipy wrote:
Can someone verify if:
- Connecting to an external PPTP servers works? Packets get stuck at the dd-wrt router and are not forwarded to the client machine
- Enabling logging on SPI works?

Cleared NVRAM and, even if some minor issues I've noticed were solved, this is still an issue.

Thanks

Just in case someone has a similar problem:
- you need to enable klogd (kernel logger) in order to see iptables logs (Services > System Log)
- you need to enable the conntrack helper to successfully do NAT for the GRE protocol (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper)

i fixed this new behaviour of kernel 4.7 > in 32146

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
introduces driver update my marvell
jffs2 works again, but takes very long time to mount (nand driver still not bugfree)
covers the nf_conntrack_helper which is a kernel behaviour change since 4.7

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you BrainSlayer! I just downloaded and going to upgrade in an hour or so. I’m thinking “clean install” for this one...
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you BS! Downloaded and updated. Working great. Guest network is up and connected.
piju
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded to the latest build as well, so far nothing to report, other than: awesome job BS!
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
flashed successfuly 32149 on wrt3200acm.
for this i used "mtd -f /tmp/factory-to-ddwrt.bin mtd5" (so before update partition 2 was used).
after reboot i am on part 1 and i noticed that the setings remains and i checked mtd partitions and i see that nvram partition is still on 0x00000a900000-0x00000a940000, overlapping mtd7 (part 2).
is this the desired behavior ? i think that after an upgrade nvram should overlap the active linux partition.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
@BrainSlayer

Thanks very much, WRT3200 is just killing it now !

2 thumbs up !!

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
adi-brasov wrote:
for this i used "mtd -f /tmp/factory-to-ddwrt.bin mtd5" (so before update partition 2 was used).
after reboot i am on part 1 and i noticed that the setings remains and i checked mtd partitions and i see that nvram partition is still on 0x00000a900000-0x00000a940000, overlapping mtd7 (part 2).
is this the desired behavior ? i think that after an upgrade nvram should overlap the active linux partition.

if you flash in a unusual way without changing the boot partition settings it will always boot from the same partition again. so you are responsible here what you're doing. the correct flashing method is using webflash or the "write" command. using the mtd command is custom and does not take care about any bootpartition settings. the nvram is not responsible for the bootpartition setting. just as a note. it just shows the state.

use ubootenv set boot_part 1 or 2 for selecting the bootpartition

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just upgraded to r32149 and speeds as ovpn client are very good once again. I’m going to and set it up to do some streaming and see how that goes. @ BS Thank You again!
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
The guest network DHCP lease time settings are in minutes. Default value of 3600 translates to 60 hrs.
Can it be changed to seconds in the next release?
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
adi-brasov wrote:

if you flash in a unusual way without changing the boot partition settings it will always boot from the same partition again. so you are responsible here what you're doing. the correct flashing method is using webflash or the "write" command. using the mtd command is custom and does not take care about any bootpartition settings. the nvram is not responsible for the bootpartition setting. just as a note. it just shows the state.

use ubootenv set boot_part 1 or 2 for selecting the bootpartition
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad19 wrote:
The guest network DHCP lease time settings are in minutes. Default value of 3600 translates to 60 hrs.

sorry for last post. its in minutes doing in seconds makes no sense more me. i like leases with 14 days sometimes to track all users for a longer time. or lets say not track, but see how many where online. if i want to type in 14 days in seconds guess what how it looks: 1209600 seconds.

in addition consider that several buggy clients will disconnect on lease refresh. so using less than a minute does not make much sense or why do you want todo such crazy things? i mean a network with 1000 clients get a lot of traffic just with lease refreshes with such low values

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
ad19 wrote:

sorry for last post. its in minutes doing in seconds makes no sense more me. i like leases with 14 days sometimes to track all users for a longer time. or lets say not track, but see how many where online. if i want to type in 14 days in seconds guess what how it looks: 1209600 seconds.

in addition consider that several buggy clients will disconnect on lease refresh. so using less than a minute does not make much sense or why do you want todo such crazy things? i mean a network with 1000 clients get a lot of traffic just with lease refreshes with such low values

No great reason to want it in seconds. Just for consistency, I guess. But it's a non-issue. Minutes work just fine as well.
Thank you.

Last edited by ad19 on Sat May 27, 2017 15:26; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
i changed it now to 1440 = 24 hours

Navigation

Jump to: