YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Oh great master of the BF, what's wrong with this picture?

→ The following files have been tweaked/updated in the past 7 days - either run install.sh on your router or click to download the files individually: setup3.2.4.sh yamon3.2.4.sh h2m.sh util3.2.4.sh versions.sh setup3.2.4.sh setup3.2.4.sh

Wink

I must've changed the file three times... (will you buy that excuse?)

Of course!

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Oh great master of the BF, what's wrong with this picture?

→ The following files have been tweaked/updated in the past 7 days - either run install.sh on your router or click to download the files individually: setup3.2.4.sh yamon3.2.4.sh h2m.sh util3.2.4.sh versions.sh setup3.2.4.sh setup3.2.4.sh

Wink

I must've changed the file three times... (will you buy that excuse?)

Of course!

fixed and a bunch of updates to various topics on the help page
bolloc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:

I think I am able to replicate something like this now...
1. blow away my LocalStorage variable (on the Settings tab, click Reset Settings)
2. reload the reports
3. go through the intro screens
4. reload the reports again
5. go to the Devices tab and customize a device
6. go to a different view
7. return to the Devices tab
and they're gone...

But if I reload the page, they come back. Is this what you're seeing?

If no, give me your exact steps. TIA

Al

No, I would edit a device, then proceed to the next one, the settings would be saved for the second one and the first ones' editing would disappear.

I grabbed the changed files, now I am exhibiting what you describe, however upon restarting chrome, the edited devices showed up.
bolloc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 23:28    Post subject: No data for the 27th Reply with quote
My graphs show no data for the 27th, I looked at the data files, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the file. It is larger than the others, only just though at 22.9k.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:36    Post subject: Re: No data for the 27th Reply with quote
bolloc wrote:
My graphs show no data for the 27th, I looked at the data files, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the file. It is larger than the others, only just though at 22.9k.

Can you zip up a couple of the files and send them to questions@usage-monitoring.com... thx!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
The reason that I started YAMon was that I did not trust the numbers I was getting from my ISP... so one of the features I added in the very early days was a way to compare the YAMon totals with those from my ISP - see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=isp-data

I've noticed recently that the ISP data occasionally disappears from the Monthly Breakdown tab?!? Has anyone who is using this feature also seen this specific issue?

It could be a result of my testing... I access the reports in a variety of ways beyond `normal` usage but I'm also afraid it might be a bigger issue.

Details to follow...

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 14:57    Post subject: Upcoming update Reply with quote
I'm getting ready to push v3.2.5 live... it'll likely happen this weekend.

v3.2.5 is likely going to be an update you'll want to get...

Again, details to follow
promoguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stuck on Loading Hourly data file... as of the 1st of march. Will try reinstalling. Was working fine before.

Reinstall didnt work, had to delete the directory and start over.

How do I fix the hourly chart? It is 4-6 hours ahead.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
promoguy wrote:
Stuck on Loading Hourly data file... as of the 1st of march. Will try reinstalling. Was working fine before.

Reinstall didnt work, had to delete the directory and start over.

How do I fix the hourly chart? It is 4-6 hours ahead.

Make sure the NTP address and offset on your router is set properly and working. Also make sure your computer time and offset is set properly.

titanium_akt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 18:07    Post subject: Monthly Report Issue Reply with quote
Hi there,
In Monthly report I expect to see usage of all days of current month or of the last 30days BUT, what I get is one month beginning from today !!!.
eg. yesterday my monthly report was showing usage of one month starting from 4-Mar(Yesterday) and today it shows usage from the 5-Mar(Today). This way I always see just today's usage in monthly report Sad

Please let me know if you have the same problem and what is the probable work around...

Thanks

Monthly.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.53 KB
 Viewed:  6807 Time(s)

Monthly.jpg

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 23:12    Post subject: Re: Monthly Report Issue Reply with quote
titanium_akt wrote:
Hi there,
In Monthly report I expect to see usage of all days of current month or of the last 30days BUT, what I get is one month beginning from today !!!.
eg. yesterday my monthly report was showing usage of one month starting from 4-Mar(Yesterday) and today it shows usage from the 5-Mar(Today). This way I always see today's usage in monthly report Sad

Thanks

What router, firmware, and version of YAMon3 are you using?
Do you have a /opt partition on a USB stick?
What is your ispBillingDay?

rawd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed 3.2.4 on my R7000, working fine. First time using this.

Why does it show 'New Device' for both of the R7000's LAN MAC and WAN MAC addresses in the reporting along with bandwidth. Should this not be ignored or can I remove these from all reports?

I'm using the R7000 as an AP. Is this possibly the data being routed through OpenVPN on some devices?

Last edited by rawd on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:40; edited 1 time in total
vaindil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I try to use a non-default option during setup I get an error that egrep was not found. Other than that it's great, thank you!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
vaindil wrote:
If I try to use a non-default option during setup I get an error that egrep was not found. Other than that it's great, thank you!

Oops... it looks like you've found another one of those lovely little inconsistencies between DD-WRT variants... sigh

It looks on my system like you can change line #72 of util3.2.4.sh from `egrep` to just `grep`... e.g.,
Code:
ig=$(echo "$resp" | grep $regex)

(perhaps `grep -E`)

NB - you'll find `util3.2.4.sh` in `/opt/YAMon3/includes/

Are you comfortable making this change yourself? If yes, can you do that and then re-run setup.sh?

(You don't have to run all the way to conclusion... maybe just the first couple of prompts and then hit <ctrl>+C to abort the script)

TIA

I'll check some more at my end too. I do not recall why I used egrep rather than just grep.

Al
moniduse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i installed 3.2.4 and only see the messages "the variable '_scriptversion' is not defined (...)" and "(...)an unexpected java script error (...)". I did restart and reinstalled but no change.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 75 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: